Electronic Design Engineer - Medical Devices
I am currently looking for an Electronic Design Engineer with previous experience in Medical Devices as soon as possible. Contract role for 3 months, possible extension, based in Kent. Rate is negotiable.
This company is a market leader in breath monitoring for medical applications, specialising in the manufacture of exhaled breath and gas monitoring instruments for medical, scientific and industrial markets throughout the world.
Key skills I am looking for and what the role involves:
- Electronic design skills from concept to volume manufacture (Ideally to BS EN 60601-1:2006 Medical Basic Safety)
- Schematic capture.
- PCB layout
- Prototype construction, testing and refinement.
- Fluent in analogue and digital design.
- Embedded real-time control system design
- Firmware development (Ideally to ISO62304 Medical Device Software and BS EN 60601-1:2006 Section 14 PEMS)
- Development, Testing and Documenting of new & existing designs
- Day to day project management as required.
- Design, source and commission of test equipment and jigs as required.
- Work closely with Marketing, Operations and QA to ensure successful new product launches.
- Knowledge of the Medical Devices Directive (2007/47/EC) and appropriate medical standards is desirable (e.g. ISO 1491:2009 Medical Risk management and BS EN 60601-1-2:2007 Medical EMC in addition to the above.)
- Reporting directly to Technical and Manufacturing Manager.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com
About Huxley Associates
Huxley Associates is an international recruitment agency specialising in the placement of senior professionals in a diverse range of sectors.