This job is no longer available
Network & Desktop Support Analyst/2nd Line Support
- Real Staffing
- 25 February 2013
- 25 March 2013
- Mavish Sikander
- West Midlands
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The role: To support the effective operation of the organisation's converged voice and data networks, telecommunications, desktop systems and e-business solutions. To effectively support system users and the security of the ICT resources.
Report to: You will report to the Network & Desktop Support Manager, and will work closely with service users and external contractors to assist with the planning, installation and support of the organisation's converged voice and data networks, communications, telephones, desktop systems and e-business solutions.
Successful candidate: This is a key support role in the organisation. You will have relevant experience of supporting the configuration and enterprise-wide local and wide area networks, and you will have technical knowledge of network, server and PC operating systems. You will have experience of supporting desktop systems and e-business solutions. You will be expected to provide high quality, credible advice and guidance on new ICT initiatives and you will be expected to accept support calls from the Service Desk with a high degree of customer service for the organisation's users.
- Support the system configuration files, and update all change management documents, systems manuals, user guides, equipment maintenance manuals, training manuals.
- Support the deployment of networked telecommunications technologies including the Cisco Call Manager and IPFX, PDA handheld devices, mobile telephones, SMS and fax services
- Support the use of portable devices IPADs etc.
- Provide systems administration of desktop systems and e-business solutions including Microsoft Office applications, Citrix, GIS, Cascade, Optitime, Open Mobile, Document Management and Festival's Website and Intranet.
- Provide second-line support on all aspects of network management, voice/data, desktop systems and e-business solutions.
Note: Experience of working on mobile woring projects, specifically involving Total Mobile will most definitely aid your application.
The role is offered at a rate of £220/day, anticipating a 6-9 month contract.
Please EMAIL your CV to m.sikander[at]realstaffing.com
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk
Real is a global leader in the provision of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices recruitment services.