This job is no longer available
Teacher of English
School: Tring School, Hertfordshire
Job: Teacher of English
Salary: MPS (London Fringe)
Contract: Full-time Maternity Cover Contract
Start date: May or September 2013
Are you a dynamic and committed individual who would thrive in a forward thinking team? Do you have a passion for English and a desire to continually develop your teaching practice and pedagogy?
We require a well-qualified, enthusiastic and innovative teacher to join our successful, committed and supportive English department from May half-term (or September) on a maternity contract. Tring School is a specialist Humanities College, with English as one of the three lead subjects. This post provides exciting opportunities for either an experienced teacher or an NQT. There is the possibility that this maternity post could be extended.
The successful applicant will be:
- Qualified to deliver the English curriculum across Key Stages 3 - 5
- A well qualified individual with a degree in English Literature or Language
- Someone with excellent communication and teaching skills, who motivates learners with a wide range of abilities
- A reflective practitioner who is able to meet deadlines and is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
We can offer you:
- Support from a dedicated and committed team in a well resourced department
- The opportunity to work with students across a range of abilities and have a real impact on their lives
- Excellent opportunities to influence a wide range of musically talented students across the school
- High quality CPD opportunities; there is a comprehensive induction programme for NQTs.
Tring School is popular and over-subscribed, serving the town of Tring and the surrounding villages. It is a mixed Church of England all-ability school, 1500 on roll, over 300 Post-16. Academic attainment is well above average and improving year on year. The school strives to support and encourage individual growth within a caring community. We have a talented team of staff who are ambitious to become outstanding in all areas of our work.
Closing Date: Midday, 28th February 2013
Interviews: To be confirmed
More information, job description and application form can be found on http://www.tringschoolherts.co.uk/
Please complete the application and person specification forms on the website and email to:
Please contact Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing for any questions, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email
Safeguarding: We are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We adhere to stringent recruitment procedures and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records disclosure.